10 Strange Facts About Madrid/SpainMadrid, Spring 2010
- Madrileños always look sharp! From the toddlers, to the collage students, to the old folks. You will never see a Madrileño wearing sweats in public, but it is very likely to see a woman wearing 5 inch heels in the grocery store!
- The stoplights “cherp” when the it is okay for a pedestrian to cross. For the first two weeks I assumed birds just lived in the stoplights.
- If you are in Madrid, your hair will permanently smell like smoke.
- Spainards don’t belive that Americans landed on the moon.
- It actually gets very cold in Madrid. It has snowed twice since I arrived 2 weeks ago!
- In Madrid it is possible that you may see people making out in public….actually very possible
- When there are two doors on a building, one is always locked, typically the one I try to open.
- Students use graphing paper as notebooks, regular lined paper does not exist!
- Madrileños eat dinner so late! 10:30pm is not a strange time to eat or (22:30 as the Spaniards would say).
- Laws in Spain still have to be signed by the King of Spain, Juan Carlos I.
Spain is odd… but I love it
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!
You May also like: