Tips for Traveling to PatagoniaBuenos Aires, Spring 2010
1. Bring warm clothes, including a warm coat, hat, gloves, and scarf. It is a good idea to layer under your pants with leggings or long-johns.
2. Plan ahead. Have an idea of what you want to do and experience in each place in order to maximize your time.
3. Bring a form of Buenos Aires student identification. Your visa, IES abroad card, or something similar will do. You will save a lot of money in entrance fees.
4. Read reviews on your hostels. A great website for this type of information is www.TripAdvisor.com. It is also a good idea to bring a lock to your hostels to protect your belongings while you are out. A suitcase lock will do. Look for hostels that include internet and breakfast.
5. Make sure you have enough space on your camera for your trip or bring what you need to upload pictures.
6. Bring tissues (for restrooms).
7. Pack your own towel if you don’t want to pay 3 to 5 pesos to use one at the hostel.
8. Expect to pay, in total, about $700 – $1000 for a trip to Patagonia.
You May also like: